Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Arthur Pemberton wrote:

I'm confused here. He was attempting to restart the entire machine,
and instead restarted the X server, and this is considered a
significant problem?

Yes because control alt del calls up the task manager in Windows in
recent versions and even initiating a reboot, you get a prompt for
confirmation and applications get time to save data.

well there we have it! another who wants fedora to behave like it's written by m$, and i thought the redmond theme was as close as fedora would get to windows :(

That said... when did Ctrl+Alt+Delete stop rebooting? I just tried it
and was surprised to see a dialog box instead. I remember using that
key combo way back since RH 7.3, I just rarely needed it.

I don't recall the specifics but it has been that way for a long time now.

Rahul