Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Adam Williamson wrote:
On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 14:50 -0400, Paul Wouters wrote:
On Wed, 15 Apr 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

Heh...that's funny.
you clearly have no idea what I've been doing for a living for a very
long time. :)
Fedora QA Community Monkey
Ahh, so this is about job continuity[1]? :)

Paul
[1] It's a joke. Sorry, couldn't resist.

Haha :) No, it's just that, as far as I can see, the impact on newbies
is that we tell them to reboot instead of doing ctrl-alt-backspace.
You are presuming a newbie on a single seat/single user system.

Total cost: about twenty seconds (time to reboot vs. time to restart X).
In a corporite environment, BIOS passwords or similar will prevent them from rebooting. A service tech/sys-admin will have to come by.

Very helpful ....