My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Apr 16 07:28:39 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 22:50 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:

>>> In a corporate environment the network will be managed by a sysadmin who
>>> will easily be able to change the default.
>> I like your logic.  It's easy to change defaults, so therefore it
>> makes sense to have bad defaults.

ACK. Push around users by changing defaults which force them to
increasingly customize the distro.

=> Usabiitly regression.

> You're putting words in my mouth. I have no particular opinion either
> way. All I've ever said is that it isn't a big deal.
Wrong, you are defending RH's decision not to revert this "ctl-alt-bs"
insanity, i.e. you have taken a position.

> Put it this way -
> the time lost by the possible drawbacks of *either* approach is
> extremely unlikely *ever* to add up to the amount of time and energy
> smart people have wasted in the seventeen thousand threads about this.
You @RH guys could easily have avoided these threads - It was solely
your decision to ignore the community.