Re: Saving space on the DVD

On 04/16/2009 11:38 PM, Ray Van Dolson wrote:
Jigdo is one of the reasons I don't look forward to downloading the
fedoraunity respins :)  I guess it's easier on the bandwidth providers,
but ultimately much slower than downloading the normal Fedora ISO's
from a mirror.

Usually takes a couple runs to get all the files too.

Granted, I may be using a lousy client...

Ray

I know most people's experience with jigdo might have had some stumbling blocks, but I think, for the purposes of the Fedora Unity Respins and for any kind of release that is a partial update of a previous one, the concept of a jigdo release is excellent, ideally saving a lot of time and bandwidth. It's worked well for me when I had a previous installation DVD or image available, but I also sympathize with the ones experiencing problems. It just doesn't bother me as much, especially because I've been on relatively limited connections for nearly a year now.

By the way, as a side note, there are torrents for most of the Fedora Unity respins, so you can always get them through that (bandwidth-intensive) method as well.