Re: Getting rid of /usr for F12?

Lennart Poettering <mzerqung 0pointer de> writes:

> Let's eliminate this source of errors and clean up our file system
> layout a bit. Let's drop /usr for F12!

Fedora is traditionally very conservative when it comes to anything that
involves file paths. Witness the "/sbin in the default PATH" flamewar,
which would probably have been solved best by turning /sbin into an
empty directory except for a bunch of symlinks. Instead Fedora (finally)
went with what others do: add /sbin to the default PATH.

If we can't get rid of /sbin, what are the chances that we can get rid
of /usr?

/Benny