Re: My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

On 04/17/2009 08:45 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
Lars E. Pettersson wrote:
Yes, they can just reboot, pressing ctrl-alt-del instead. But wait, that
is another shortcut that people accidentally can press. Should we "zap"
that one also?

X11 already eats Ctrl+Alt+Del.

Well, it isn't removed, as ctrl-alt-backspace is proposed to be (it was that I meant wit "zap"), it shows a dialog.

Not sure what happens if X have crashed and one presses ctrl-alt-del though, perhaps someone else who have experienced this could tell us? Will it automatically shut down the system after 60 seconds, even though X is not responding?

So in a situation where X have crashed, and neither ctrl-alt-del (if that is the case) nor ctrl-alt-backspace works, one have to press the reset button or power cycle the computer, a, in my humble opinion, very bad and brutal way of solving a problem that was elegantly solved with ctrl-alt-backspace.

/Lars
--
Lars E. Pettersson <lars homer se>
http://www.sm6rpz.se/