My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 20:18:13 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 3:41 PM, Suren Karapetyan wrote:
> On Friday 17 April 2009 23:17:44 Matthew Garrett wrote:
>> On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 07:02:20PM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> By doing the change upstream?
>
> And this may also be the time to drop this "upstream" point to.
> There is no KMS upstream, but we have it here.
> nv is default upstream.
> Upstream defaults aren't that important.
> If there were no per-distro defaults,
> there would be only one distro - the one with upstream defaults.
>
> Suren

That is such a strong argument. But it is so true.

e.g. I don't think we have many packages in Fedora that uses
/usr/local as their prefix, which is a very common upstream default.

We first lost CTRL+ALT-F7, now CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE. What is next? The
"kill" command? I think that is left to the imagination of our
upstreams.

Orcan