My first DontZap use case while testing F11 beta

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Apr 17 21:17:24 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 16:18 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> e.g. I don't think we have many packages in Fedora that uses
> /usr/local as their prefix, which is a very common upstream default.

That's not a valid example. This discrepancy is exactly what the
defaults are intended to preserve. The whole point is that stuff sourced
from your distribution and stuff you build yourself from source code
wind up in two different places so you can easily tell one from the
other (and, in the worst case, wipe out /usr/local and know you're back
at a stock system).

This is not a useful case to argue that *all* upstream defaults
shouldn't be considered in setting Fedora defaults.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey