Re: Getting rid of /usr for F12?

Adam Williamson wrote:
> You're forgetting to factor in the amount of time people spend doing
> "/usr...d'oh...backspace backspace backspace backspace" after the
> change ;)

Not if /usr is symlinked (or bind-mounted or whatever) to /. Those
environments already not using /usr (HURD, MSYS etc.) all do something like
that. It has to be done for compatibility with existing software anyway.

(That said, I don't see a compelling case for doing that kind of hackery,
there's nothing wrong with having /usr being separate.)

        Kevin Kofler