Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Tue Apr 21 04:29:02 UTC 2009

So, the shiny new pulseaudio mixer setup in F11 took away my ability to
tell the panel applet which channel to use. It seems to insist on
messing with the master. I have a second computer hooked in to the line
in, so it can share speakers with my main box. I had it set up so the
master volume was set on maximum, and the panel volume thingy adjusted
the PCM volume. This allowed me to adjust volumes separately, the
secondary box stayed at a constant volume and the main box could be
adjusted freely without affecting the secondary machine.

How do I get this behavior back?

(Someday I'll just get me a proper studio mixer. Sigh...)