Can we have a Delta-DVD release

Andre Robatino andre at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 21 20:05:01 UTC 2009

 > So there is! Doesn't work on F9 -> F10 but on F10 -> F11 beta DVD
(x86_64)
 > I get a delta iso image of 2.2GB, about 53% less than the full iso.
 > Hmm, not as good as I was expecting, probably not worth making a fuss
 > about unless we could get <1GB.

A lot of people would probably be very happy with cutting the download
in half.  On a 768 Kbit/s connection it would reduce download time from
about 12 hours to six.  If the tool doesn't take too long to do the
reconstruction after downloading, and if it's reliable (so one doesn't
have to download 2GB only to find out it doesn't work, then download the
full 4GB anyway) the deltaiso should be available as a download option.