Re: Rawhide debuginfo packages with no sources

On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 3:20 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> wrote:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines#Compiler_flags
> could certainly use some details on /how/ to apply RPM_OPT_FLAGS
> correctly (and why aren't these just autoapplied?)
>
> --
> Jesse Keating
> Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!
> identi.ca: http://identi.ca/jkeating

I've seen a number of cases where the upstream developers think they
know the best compiler flags to use, so they ignore the usual means of
supplying CFLAGS and just set their own.  This means that the /how/
you are asking for involves manual inspection of configuration scripts
and makefiles.  Fun for the whole family!
--
Jerry James
http://loganjerry.googlepages.com/