Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Wed Apr 22 19:44:43 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 20:27 +0200, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Callum Lerwick wrote:
> > How do I get this behavior back?
>
> Use xfce4-mixer or KMix (the latter is part of kdemultimedia). Or the
> text-based alsamixer.

When I need a full mixer, alsamixer is what I use. What I'm missing is
the panel applet. I used to be able to just place my mouse over the icon
and use the scroll wheel. I'm just noticing the shiny new mixer app
doesn't seem to support that either...

Sigh.

When stumbling upon a youtube with crappy distorted overdriven audio, I
need to get the volume down FAST. If it weren't for the speaker sharing
setup I'd just use the nice low-latency hardware volume knob on my
speakers, where I don't have to wait for the software volume app to swap
in before the volume changes...