How to cross-upgrade Fedora x86(32-bit) => x86_64(64-bit) using 'preupgrade'

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Wed Apr 22 20:11:48 UTC 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:
> Callum Lerwick wrote:

>>> We were getting all sorts of avc denials and when we ran 'fixfiles
>>> relabel' it would get errors and we were not able to relabel the
>>> system.  So the easiest route was just to remove selinux during the
>>> process and reinstall it afterwards, which worked perfectly.
>>>

>> 'setenforce 0' wasn't enough?
>>
> For some reason, no.  We couldn't get logged back into the system
> because of avc denial problems.  So we just uninstalled it and
> reinstalled it after everything was finished.

It appeared like it had become totally confused.  Probably because of
all the different package removals and installs.  Maybe there is a
common cause for why the rpmdb got totally confused and selinux getting
confused.  I was not able to find out why this was happening only found
a way to work around the problems.

Regards,
Gerry