Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 01:38:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 02:01 +0500, Suren Karapetyan wrote:
> On Friday 24 April 2009 01:17:01 Adam Williamson wrote:
> >
> > Why didn't you file a bug? If you don't report problems when you
> > experience them, how do you ever expect it to get better?
> > --
> > Adam Williamson
> > Fedora QA Community Monkey
> > IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT org
> > http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> This is why:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/buglist.cgi?component=pulseaudio&product=Fedora
> There you'll find a *lot* of bugs related to pulseaudio.
> And a few of them (about hogging resources and sound quality problems)
> don't look like they will be fixed [soon].
> Why? Cause they are being reported since the very begining, again and again.

Interesting experiment. Let's do it my way:

[adamw at adam ~]$ bugzilla query -p Fedora -c pulseaudio --outputformat="%{bug_status} %{resolution}" | sort

if you do that and take a look at the results...you get 372 bugs. 27 are
NEW, and 6 are ASSIGNED - so only 33 open bugs. 4 are CLOSED CANTFIX, 69
are CLOSED NOTABUG, 17 CLOSED INSUFFICIENT_DATA, 17 CLOSED WORKSFORME,
70 are CLOSED DUPLICATE - 177 that were considered and closed for
probably valid reasons. And: 15 are CLOSED CURRENTRELEASE, 5 are CLOSED
ERRATA, 6 are CLOSED NEXTRELEASE and 92 are CLOSED RAWHIDE - that's 118
that were fixed. 25 are CLOSED UPSTREAM.

I don't see anything particularly wrong with those numbers. Obviously a
lot of valid bugs have been filed and properly fixed. The amount that
are currently outstanding is not at all unreasonable as a proportion of
the total, and not an unmanageable number of bugs taken absolutely. I
suspect you'd see very similar proportions if you looked at, say, all
kernel bugs, or all X bugs.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey