Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 01:43:26 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 17:58 -0400, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:

> Please do lift this curse from Fedora. It is bad. It is broken to a
> great extent. I'm glad I got rid of it before it started damaging my
> hardware.

Since you're being a bitch today, here's some karma: I rebooted earlier
this afternoon and my network didn't come up. Having caused a nice level
of domestic strife by rebooting the router and knocking my partner
offline, and then caused myself a lot of frustration by fiddling with
the router and my own system and even everything else connected by wifi
for an hour (and losing lots of valuable work time), I noticed rt2860
had been bumped to a new version. By you.

I went back to the old version, rebooted, and lo and behold - up came my
wireless.

SO YOU FUCKING BROKE MY SYSTEM YOU FUCKING BASTARD YOU SHOULD PAY!!!
11111!!!!!! YOU ARE NOT GOD! GIVE ME BACK MY AFTERNOON!

there, that didn't help anyone, did it? It's a bug. I'll go and
investigate a bit more later, and then I'll file it in the correct
location. I will not chase you down on mailing lists and denigrate your
hard work with expletive filled messages, and I suggest you refrain from
doing the same to others in future.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey