New packages during rawhide freeze

Kalev Lember kalev at smartlink.ee
Fri Apr 24 10:23:44 UTC 2009

Hello,

Recent rawhide composes have pulled in some .fc10 rpms which seem to
originate from Fedora 10's stable updates repo. For example, "rawhide
report: 20090422 changes" lists 10 new packages, from which I checked
first few and they all seemed to be .fc10 releases.

One of my new packages got pulled in like that too
(mingw32-libp11-0.2.4-1.fc10.noarch), even though I have a F-11 branch
and I have built it for both F-11 and devel in koji. I have also
requested the package to be added to Fedora 11 updates in Bodhi, but for
some reason it still pulled in .fc10 package instead of the correct .fc11.

Installing Fedora 10 packages in rawhide doesn't strike me as a good
idea, because they are most probably compiled using old gcc, for example.

Why does it happen? Did I (and other people who have pushed new packages
in Fedora 10 during rawhide freeze) do something wrong here?

--
Best regards,
Kalev Lember