development packages and multilib

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 15:41:36 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 10:35:43AM -0500, Chris Adams wrote:
> Once upon a time, Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com> said:
> > I said it in my email further up: you can't nest mock builds, and it
> > requires extra steps by root to configure mock.
>
> "usermod -a -G mock rjones" is not that much work for root.
>
> Of course, you can further restrict it using sudo if you wish.

And edit or create a mock config files for the new mock repo.

Most Unix programs can be built using:

  ./configure
  make

But a program that needs mock has a bunch of other configuration steps
that have to be carried out by root.  OK, maybe not such a problem for
manual builds.  But now if you want to move that into an auto-build
environment (test builds, Koji, etc), you've got a problem.

BTW don't take this as some criticism of mock.  It certainly isn't.
I'm _using_ mock all the time for auto-builds.  I want to build
appilances inside mock.  I'm using febootstrap inside mock.  It all
works great.

Rich.

Fedora now supports 75 OCaml packages (the OPEN alternative to F#)