The Great Pulseaudio Mixer Debate: a modest (productive) proposal

Olivier Galibert galibert at pobox.com
Fri Apr 24 19:33:54 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 11:50:32AM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> It would be good to have some text on this app that instructs people to
> file bugs if they have to resort to it.  That way we can capture the use
> cases that the default mixer is missing and help the developers better
> target things.

I don't think this is going to work.  You may not have noticed, but
when people indicate a case that is seemingly not supported by PA[1],
politely and everything, the answer by the main PA developer is either
one or both of "don't use PA then" or "your use case is rare and
uninteresting and won't be supported".

  OG.

[1] this is not the first thread where it happens