Re: The Great Pulseaudio Mixer Debate: a modest (productive) proposal

On 04/24/2009 02:11 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 20:00 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

Except that it'll still be installed for upgrades.

I don't really see that as a huge problem. I mean, you're going to get
sprawl over time in upgrades anyway. It's a very small issue (it costs
one menu entry and, oh, maybe 1MB of disk space) compared to the benefit
we get for F11 in terms of non-pissed-off users (and time saved by the
folks who do front line support on mailing lists, IRC and the forums).

Anyway, it was discussed by FESco and approved, so now I've just got to
work to get the package resurrected and updated.

Cough. Don't forget we've been down this road already. Mandating feature changes post feature freeze that is. See codeina. Eventually the Board reversed that decision. And that debate was based on one of the basic tenets of Fedora and freedom. Seriously guys, do I really need to escalate this to the Board?