FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Sat Apr 25 01:48:29 UTC 2009

On 04/24/2009 05:40 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-04-24 at 17:15 -0700, Christopher Aillon wrote:
>> A compromise works best if both parties are on board.  I don't believe
>> that the desktop guys will object to the package existing and being
>> installable if people want.  No CLI needed since we have GUI install
>> tools.  The objection is with the mandate for it to be installed by
>> default on the desktop live/install spins.
>
> See, the Desktop team has no say in whether or not a graphical mixer is
> available in Fedora.  The middle ground between reverting the mixer
> feature all together and leaving at is it is having a graphical mixer
> installed by default available in the menus.  That was the compromise.
> If the Desktop team really feels like this wasn't a compromise and it
> was something mandated and forced, they can raise it to the board level
> if they wish.

To make it clearer:

Before today's FESCo meeting:
* The old mixer was removed
* 1 mixer installed by default in the desktop spin.
* The old mixer could not be installed via PK or yum

Today's FESCO Mandate:
* Revive the old mixer
* Ship 2 mixers by default in the desktop spin.

Compromise seems like it would be something along the lines of:
* Revive the old mixer
* 1 mixer installed by default in the desktop spin
* The old mixer can be installed via PK or yum