Re: Pulseaudio breakage in F11

On Sun, 26.04.09 10:59, Kevin Kofler (kevin kofler chello at) wrote:

> But the OSS compatibility layer you get by default is provided by
> ALSA, and it only handles exclusive access to the hardware, no
> mixing.

That is actually not true anymore. In-kernel OSS is disabled now in
F11.

I am actually surprised that noone of the usual suspects started a
huge thread about this yet on fedora-devel. It'd make good fodder for
the trolls. May I feed those folks their lines? "Oh my, we're no real
Unix anymore!", "Oh my, my 1992 closed source tool still needs it."

I hope some reality satire ensues.

Lennart