Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Apr 26 17:04:20 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 18:36 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Ah, now you admit that the low-level alsa mixer is not necessary for
> the default case. So why do you want to push it into the default
> install then?

I said it _shouldn't_ be. We're still a long way even from that state.

As I said: on the two machines I've tried so far, I haven't even been
able to turn the volume up to its full level without having to resort to
gnome-alsamixer.

I believe that the VolumeControl 'feature' for F-11 isn't ready for
prime time yet, and should be reverted. We can try again in F-12.

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation