Re: [SOLVED] Re: Fedora 11 nerfed my mixer

On Sun, 26.04.09 11:48, Callum Lerwick (seg haxxed com) wrote:

> load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:M5455,0 control="PCM"

Please don't use hw: as device string prefix. Use 'front:' or
'surround41:' or something like that. 'hw:' gives you the naked device
and implies no particular channel order or number of
channels. The other mentioned strings do imply that and hence work
everywhere and not just on one specific piece of hardware.

Please only specify card identifiers, not device indexes. I.e. drop
the ",0" from the device string. Specifying device indexes gives you
the naked device and implies no specific output. If you use "front:"
or "spdif:" a particular output is implied and hence the proper device
automatically selected for you which makes this work on more than once
specific piece of hardware.

In summary, use 'device=front:M5455" as parameter.

Lennart