development packages and multilib

Andreas Thienemann andreas at bawue.net
Mon Apr 27 10:10:15 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:

> As Rich mentions, there's a tricky situation with virtualization around,
> and with cross-compilation/emulation.  For QEMU we've had to jump through
> some nasty hoops to build the firmware/BIOS files. ie, the QEMU i686
> emulator is built on all Fedora archs, but building the BIOS files to
> actually make it work needs an i686 host. So we have to build on one
> arch, get the built blobs and then include these pre-built files in a
> second build done for the non-x86 archs. Similar fun building PPC, sparc
> blobs on i686, etc.

I remember the OpenMoko build scripts needing similar tricks where (I
think) localization and some other files had to be built on a native arm
system.

They ended up using qemu in user mode emulation to have a "native"
system.

Maybe that's a solution for your bios file needs as well?

regards,
 andreas