Re: Things to do this week instead of arguing about mixers

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Things to do this week instead of arguing about mixers
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen redhat com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora Core <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Date: 04/27/2009 02:10 PM

Now that we have ext4 as the new default filesystem, it'd be nice if we
can get more applications to take advantage of some of the features.

Filesystems should be transparent to programs 99% of the time in my humble little opinion. If ext4 depends on having falloc() calls then ext4 has a bug. File a bug on it.

XFS, btrfs, or any file system that's better than the extX series don't seem to have issues with requiring this function call.