FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Apr 27 23:20:05 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 20:33 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 10:30 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> > On Sat, 2009-04-25 at 13:46 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> <snip>
> > Those are all good points - as long as the issues Dave Airlie brought up
> > (about how it still identifies itself as g-v-c and hence would
> > presumably conflict if both were installed at once) are addressed, I'm
> > perfectly happy for the old g-v-c to be used instead. Should we start
> > filing bugs for Brian?
>
> Well, you'd need to do a bit of work on the spec file, but there's
> nothing there that wouldn't be straight forward.
>
> You'd need to remove all the bits you're not interested about (most of
> them should be disable-able through configure switches), rename the
> binary (and binary name in the desktop file, and schemas), and change
> the GETTEXT_PACKAGE so it doesn't conflict with gnome-media.

Doesn't seem to be quite so straightforward. I've done the above and got
it to build and mostly work, but it's still buggy. Here's the SRPM:

http://adamwill.fedorapeople.org/gst-mixer-2.26.0-2.aw_fc11.src.rpm

if you switch from one device to another and back again, it stops
showing any tab but the 'Sound Theme' tab. Must be some kind of
configuration info being lost somehow by the name change, I guess? I
can't figure it out exactly, though.

Also note that some icons are missing, I guess it's looking for them in
the wrong place somehow. Can't figure that out either.

If anyone can fix these issues it'd be appreciated.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey