The Great Pulseaudio Mixer Debate: a modest (productive) proposal

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 00:52:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 13:38 -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Sun, 2009-04-26 at 21:20 +0200, drago01 wrote:
> > On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 8:02 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I would be extremely surprised if the release of F11 - the first general
> > > audience release with this new mixer -
> >
> > Afaik Ubuntu 9.04 ships with this mixer by default. (its upstream
> > gnome after all).
>
> OK, first *Fedora* general audience release, sorry :). Of course, Ubuntu
> shipping it will just help unearth even more bugs...

For the record, drago was wrong: Ubuntu has not shipped with the new
mixer.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-media/+bug/324807

AFAICT, they are shipping the new version as the package
'gnome-volume-control-pulse', not installed by default.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey