FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Thu Apr 30 18:35:35 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson (awilliam at redhat.com) said:
> "I want to select an input channel" is not remotely atypical.

But then, the solution (in a time-based release system) is to decide
at the appropriate point that the new code does not hit the required
feature matrix yet, and shelve the new code until the next release
where it meets the required feature matrix. (See: Empathy).

Where the issue arises here is that we've passed that appropriate point
in the schedule; since we can't push to the next release now, nor do we
have time to do anything new sanely, I'm not convinced that anything we
do/add now will be sufficiently better than doing nothing at all.

Bill