FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Thu Apr 30 22:12:59 UTC 2009

On 04/30/2009 08:59 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

<snip>
</snip>
> On Thu, 2009-04-30 at 20:01 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
>

> You can't move the goalposts about. If the rule is changing things after
> preview is a really significant deal, then there shouldn't be that level
> of changes actually happening.

Hum...

Afaik I know the final freeze was "Tue 2009-04-14"

This meeting was held 10 day's later..

And as is mentioned in final freeze policy

" The purpose of the final freeze is to prevent changes while the
release is prepared"

I would categories this as an significant change.

"As of the final freeze for a release, no new builds are allowed for
packages already in the Fedora collection
(new packages can still be reviewed, added in CVS and built as potential
updates)"

And I would think that the other application would have to follow the
above procedure and be built as potential update.

I must be misunderstanding something which is not the first time nor the
last :(

JBG

http://poelstra.fedorapeople.org/schedules/f-11/

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ReleaseEngineering/FinalFreezePolicy