Re: FESCo meeting summary for 2009-07-31

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 4:09 PM, Jesse Keating<jkeating redhat com> wrote:

> If there was no public available source repo, yes we'd complain.  If
> there was, I don't think we'd complain really.

<ugh, found this in my drafts from yesterday>

I think (correct me if I'm wrong) is that this exception was
originally designed for s-c-*, where there was no publicly available
SCM (until they migrated to 108 and then fedorahosted).

We already have guidelines for building from SCM, thereby making us
the "canonical" tarball release, so I don't think this exception is
required any longer myself