Re: FESCo meeting summary for 2009-07-31

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 4:13 AM, Till Maas<opensource till name> wrote:

> Is there already support for this in rpmbuild? Can I use a SCM url as
> Source0 in spec files? This would be off course very useful.

The only requirement for Source0 is that the last element in a URL
point to a valid tarball, zipfile, whatever in %_topdir/SOURCES. If
you can get that out of an SCM URL, more power to ya :)

There are procedures for SCM as the canonical source, however.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Package_Version