Re: X defaulting to side-by-side output on multiple displays: Anaconda implications?

> I remember seeing a recent announcement from the X guys that henceforth,
> X will be defaulting to side-by-side mode on systems with multiple
> displays, rather than clone mode.
>
> I just realized this may have implications for anaconda. Is whatever WM
> we load anaconda in capable of handling this, or are we going to wind up
> with anaconda centred across the middle of both displays on systems with
> two monitors?

mini-wm is a focus-only window manager.  It doesn't modify requested
window positions; wherever you ask to be placed, there you are.

anaconda itself doesn't ask for anything special in terms of main UI
placement, that I can see.  I believe gtk's placement algorithm will try
to avoid placing us across screen boundaries though.

- ajax