kde-4.3.0 coming to F-10, F-11

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Wed Aug 5 00:56:23 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 17:32 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:53 PM, Adam Jackson<ajax at redhat.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 13:55 -0500, Rex Dieter wrote:
> >> The KDE SIG is now working on KDE-4.3.0-related builds for Fedora 10 and
> >> 11 candidate updates. As this requires some buildroot overrides, if your
> >> package uses KDE libraries, it may inadvertently build against KDE 4.3.0
> >> libraries and may, at least in some cases, NOT work with 4.2.4.
> >>
> >> So please either hold off on update builds for packages using KDE
> >> libraries or contact us (on the #fedora-kde IRC chan or the fedora-kde
> >> mailing list).
> >
> > Not that I'm an F-10 user, or a KDE user, but: F-10?  Seriously?
>
> Ummm, wait a second, F-10 is still supported is it not?
>
> /me is *seriously* confused by Ajax's comment.

It's supported, but there are those of us that feel that it shouldn't be
getting version updates, only bug fixes.  Just going by the version
numbers, 4.2.4 to 4.3.0 seems like a fairly big jump.  However it could
just be a bugfix rollup, it's hard to tell just by looking at version
numbers.  The fact that there are warnings about abi issues would make
it seem a bit more than just bugfix updates.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)