Re: New facility to request tagging actions

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 10:06 +0200, Till Maas wrote:
> > +# Description of your tag request\n\
> > +notes=Here is where you give a description of what you want to change,\n\
> > +rational for why the change is important enough to break the freeze,\n\
> > +impact of not accepting the change, and what testing has been done.\
> > +Or if this is a tag request for updates, just the info about the updates.\
>
> I did not yet try it out, but there is some information missing:
> tag requests are also needed for buildroot overrides and not only
> to break a freeze.

I tried to address that with the last line.  I didn't want the
pre-filled in text to be so huge as to be a nuisance when trying to put
your content in.  But I'll gladly take suggestions on changing the
wording around.

> > +             $(FEDORAHOSTED) -u $(USER) -P rel-eng new-ticket -s \
> > +                     "Tag request $(NAME)-$(VERSION)-$(RELEASE) for $$target" \
> > +                     -d "$$descript"; \
>
> You might want to check whether or not this is a EPEL branch and set the
> component to EPEL for EPEL tag requests.

That's a good suggestion!

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!