F12 Alpha Test install

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 18:49:53 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 09:33 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 21:51 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
>
> > 2 - My mouse was not detected at all during install.  Or at least, I
> > never saw the mouse arrow during it.  Had to use keyboard the whole
> > time.
>
> Pretty sure this is an anaconda glitch.  X doesn't show a cursor until
> you define one.  I'll look into it.

Just to note, everyone is seeing this, to my knowledge. It's been
discussed several times on test-list. The mouse actually works the whole
time, but the cursor is not visible at first. It appears some time into
the install, quasi-randomly (one time it appeared on the third screen
for me, one time it didn't appear until I was deep into partitioning
setup). A bug was filed on this, but Andy decided it was a duplicate of
the bug whereby anaconda uses the wrong GTK+ theme. jlaska and I didn't
feel that was correct, but we deferred to Andy :)

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey