Re: KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Mandriva has a /testing repository for /updates, but not for /backports,
> on the basis that /backports is fundamentally unstable so you may as
> well just do your testing in the repo. This works fine, so far.

That's not going to work for KDE SIG. Updates like KDE 4.3.0 really need
testing. (Of course we could use kde-redhat testing for that, but at that
point I'd have to start wondering why we're bothering with Fedora's
infrastructure for updates entirely. I really don't think forcing us to go
back to kde-redhat as the primary delivery mechanism for our updates is
going to be helpful.)

        Kevin Kofler