Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 08:24:11 UTC 2009

On Thursday 06 August 2009 01:59:02 Bastien Nocera wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-08-06 at 00:56 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > On Wed, 2009-08-05 at 15:15 -0700, John Poelstra wrote:
> > > Hi FESCo,
> > >
> > > After requesting status updates, including direct email to the feature
> > > owners, the following feature pages do not have a current status or
> > > their ability to tested during the Alpha is unclear based on the lack
> > > of information provided or percentage of completion.
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Gnome2.28
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> > Feature will obviously be done on time. The feature process doesn't seem
> > so forgiving about things happening upstream rather than downstream...
> >
> > > In accordance with our recorded process about providing status, I am
> > > proposing that they reviewed and dropped from the Fedora 12 feature
> > > list at Friday's FESCo meeting.
> > > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/Policy/Dropping
> >
> > I'll make sure one of the Desktop-y guys updates this (presumably
> > Matthias).
>
> I actually looked at this, and the feature process just isn't good
> enough for this. We can't really say we're at 100% for GNOME 2.28 when
> it hasn't been released, now can we?

It's same for us - KDE SIG. Percentage completion is not the only one
criterion for completeness, if we have everything prepared, we have betas/RC
already imported and we're just waiting for final release (and as KDE has time
based releases we know we can do it for Fedora release). And same for artwork
- it's part of feauture but we have to wait for design team etc...

The criteria should be - is it 100% ready? If not and it's waiting for
upstream release  (probably few more exceptions can be found) - is it possible
to deliver this feauture 100% ready in time of release? Yes, we have schedule.
Then OK.

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>