Re: Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

> Peter Robinson (pbrobinson gmail com) said:
> > > From the sidelines it seems that there is a confusion on what the %
> > > actually means.  Some think that 100% means "ready to be tested" and
> > > others think that 100% means "It's been tested, the final builds are in
> > > and all known and cared about bugs are fixed".
> >
> > My understanding was the later. All working tested and ready to go.
> > What is it meant to mean.
>
> Yeah, I think this is sort of an issue with pushing everything down
> to a simple number.
>
> In my view, '100%' would mean "I'm done with this, and not touching
> it modulo bugs." It can have a lower percentage and still be testable.
>
> Bill

So really, we need 2 things.

1) a definition of a status that the feature wrangler and FESCo agree
upon to be "done enough" for Alpha / Feature Freeze.

2) a % number that indicates #1

--
Jesse Keating RHCE      (http://jkeating.livejournal.com)
Fedora Project          (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/JesseKeating)