Re: Fedora 12 Features Proposed for Removal

> Again, that applies to _everything in the distro_. I don't think 'it's a
> new version' can be a feature. If we identify something particular
> within the GNOME or KDE package set which is a significant enough change
> to qualify as a Fedora feature, fine, submit it as such. But just
> declaring the entire version upgrade to be a feature seems a bit weird
> to me.

A good example of the weirdness here - we're declaring KDE 4.3 a 'Fedora
12 feature' (implying it's something sufficiently potentially
problematic that it needs a specific test plan and contingency plan),
yet backporting it to Fedora 10 as an official update meets with
widespread approval and 'nothing wrong with that!' comments...

Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey