KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 6 19:30:42 UTC 2009

> OK, bad example, but you know what I mean.

Yes, I do, and I think there is room for a Fedora offering that is
released frequently (every 6 months), supported for about a year, with
conservative updates to the platform.  That's nearly exactly what we
have in Fedora Desktop.  There is also room for a Fedora offering that
is released frequently (every 6 months), supported for about a year,
with aggressive updates to the latest and greatest for the platform.
That's nearly exactly what we have in Fedora KDE.

The real problem is going to be when somebody wants to make an offering
that features GNOME but has aggressive updates to latest and greatest
GNOME on every update stream, as that cannot coexist with the
conservative Fedora Desktop.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!