Re: Running a command in background inside spec file

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 11:07 PM, Adam Miller<maxamillion gmail com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Murilo Opsfelder
> Araujo<mopsfelder gmail com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> how can I run a command in background inside spec file?
>>
> <snip>
>
> I have to ask because my curiosity is killing me.... what's the use
> case for that?
Un use case could be in the %post section, if you want to run a
postinstall of a (bad) commercial package and you want to put in a
shell a sigalarm (something like this) for not to wait forever if
something go wrong. I have done this in the past IIRC. But it is only
an example, for probably a rare use case.

Cheers