KDE vs. GNOME on F10

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Fri Aug 7 14:58:41 UTC 2009

On Friday 07 August 2009 14:05:25 Thomas Janssen wrote:
> > And back to the topic, afaik the KDE 4.3 packages have indeed been
> > tested (via kde-redhat/testing etc) before being thrown on the f10 &
> > f11 users.
>
> Indeed. Even the RCs up to 4.2.98 have been tested via the kde-redhat
> repo, bugs filed and fixed. I'm one of them who run always the latest
> and greatest from kde-redhat.

I am one of those who test kde packages both from kde-redhat and from rawhide.
In every case the packages appeared first in rawhide, later in unstable of
kde-redhat and only later on updates-testing, by the time the packages are
submitted to updates they have passed all those different levels of testing.

Do not forget also the update to emacs 23.1 made recently. Before that I
always tried the repos who had emacs compiled for the latest Fedora stable
version. I was glad when I saw the latest emacs available for F-11.

--
José Abílio