KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Fri Aug 7 15:28:53 UTC 2009

On 08/06/2009 08:57 PM, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> Just a thought, but could that SIG just enforce a critical path-
> like workflow (with overrides from the security team) on FN-2?
> They would have to be willing to do the QA, talk with SIGs and
> maintainers, and be large enough to be able to do so. Thoughts?

I'm not sure FN-2 always qualifies as stable.  For instance, I've seen
major sound and video breakage in F11 - that wouldn't make a good base
for a stable distro when F13 is branching _just_ because it's two back.

On the other hand, one can juggle kernel versions/options, drivers,
disable PulseAudio, etc. as required to achieve stable - though work
better suited for a project than random thoughts in this e-mail. ;)

-Bill

http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Cell: 603.252.2606
Twitter, etc.: bill_mcgonigle   Page: 603.442.1833
Email, IM, VOIP: bill at bfccomputing.com
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/