KDE vs. GNOME on F10

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 7 16:05:30 UTC 2009

Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 07:38 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
>> I don't draw the line, the maintainers of each package draw their own
>> line.  I just sit back and comfortably sip on my mai tai while the
>> people who know best make the proper decisions.
>>

> But you obviously have a personal line somewhere.  Where is your line
> that you're willing to take latest upstream builds, but won't move to
> rawhide?

For me, that's easy. I don't want updates that the packagers don't
consider "stable". It sure sounds to me like Christopher feels the same way.

I am willing to take the latest upstream builds because the maintainer
considers them "safe". I am not willing to use rawhide because it's
considered a free-for-all. (I don't use updates-testing either, which
IMO if I slurped everything relevant from updates-testing, would be
about the same thing as using rawhide.)

--
Matthew
Thank you for reading all the way to this .sig. You may stop reading