Requires question in SPEC

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Tue Aug 11 08:15:22 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 11 August 2009 10:02:23 Steven Moix wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm facing a problem with one of my SPEC files...I'm packaging a program
> (motion, in RPM Fusion) that has a startup script. In the start()
> section of this startup script, I have added an
> "LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib64/libv4l/v4l2convert.so daemon $motion" to support
> more cameras.

You can patch your package to use libv4l directly. Usually it's easy - there
are some issues but... Check some packages using v4l to check what you have to
do to port it.

Also check this blogpost by Hans de Goede (libv4l author) [1].

[1] http://hansdegoede.livejournal.com/3636.html

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>