Switch from OpenAL to OpenAL-Soft

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Aug 13 08:36:01 UTC 2009

LinuxDonald wrote:
> I think it?s better when openal-soft will come with f12.
> The Packager have enough time to rebuild there packages.
> But when the packager want to rebuild there packages i will make an
> package for f11.

How many packages are affected? I suspect there are probably too many to
consider an F11 update. It's also an "upgrade" to a completely different
codebase, so worries about regressions come up.

But for F12, I think it's fine, as long as everything using OpenAL gets
rebuilt by the final devel freeze.

        Kevin Kofler