Updates lacking descriptions

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 16:18:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-08-13 at 17:59 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On Thu, 13 Aug 2009 15:53:57 +0200, Kevin wrote:
>
> > Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>
> > > With you folks demanding more explicit changelogs you are rudestly
> > > pushing around package maintainers and force them to waste time to
> > > fullfill your solely burecratic demands.
> >
> > You're free to leave.
>
> Won't speak for Ralf, but I consider such a comment as insolent.
> It's not how fellow Fedora contributors should communicate with
> eachother. Certainly not in public messages.

Why the double standard? If you consider what Michael wrote to be
'insolent', Ralf's mail was certainly far far beyond that, with its
opening suggestion that Michael is a dribbling moron - "as ususal, you
are demonstrating your lack of competence and understanding" - its
follow-up suggestion that he's a paper-pushing nincompoop - "you are
rudestly pushing around package maintainers and force them to waste time
to fullfill your solely burecratic demands" - and final salvo indicating
that he's 'hostile and rude' for using a newsgroup gateway - "You simply
are violating the netiquette ... i.e. you are hostile and rude to this
lists users". I'd say that was a fairly mild response.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey