Package groups vs "metapackages"

I've been working recently on bringing Fedora up to snuff as a platform to build Haskell software on:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Haskell#Haskell_Platform_support

In my ideal world, it would be possible to install all of the necessities for decent Haskell development via a single short command line. I can see two ways to do this:
What's the collective wisdom about the best approach for doing this?

Thanks,
Bryan.