Re: F12 to require "i686", but which CPUs do not qualify?

> I think there's a valid case for making an exception to this: when a
> package is an accelerated version of a particular library.  That is,
> when the basic functionality of a library is available in a i686
> Fedora package, but a special SSEx version of the library makes use of
> faster instructions.
>
> Andrew.

Right now, there exist a number of packages which explicitly pull in
atlas instead of the also available generic packages blas/lapack which
do not exhibit these severe restrictions.
Earlier versions of the Fedora atlas package actually supported a
wider range of processors including even such offering 3dnow! and also
plain x86. The current behaviour (code depending on lapack aborts
because of illegal instructions) is a regression which has been
introduced by the packager.